Monday, February 04, 2013

Instant Online Training ? "You Get What you Pay For!"

You probably can't learn to make music instantly

Or in a month, or ten days, or overnight...

If that's your goal you will likely fail. There are many folks making a ton of money exploiting the current human desire for results now Now NOW. However, there always have been people like this - the Internet is just the "new kid in town," aided and abetted by another falsehood - namely that folks think that if they fail it's THEIR fault and never the fault of the "instructors." After all, these people say they are "experts" and we have been programmed to believe anyone who claims to be an "expert." I have heard  for forty years people say things like, "I guess I'm not that talented" and "I can't carry a tune in a bucket." An actual expert would take this into account.

Besides, isn't the purpose here to enjoy the journey as well as the destination? I'd also ask if the purpose of having hobby isn't to give you some pleasure by means of practicing that hobby? There shouldn't be this "Microwave Society" effort to achieve something at the expense of enjoying the acto of achieving of it.

I have never found a way to learn to play from scratch online. My own online efforts are totally directed towards those that already play a bit and want to increase their abilities. If you have found some means to learn online, please please PLEASE email me at danstarrorg@yahoo.com. If it works, I'll promote it.