Monday, February 04, 2013

Testimonials

Testimonials from "Normal People"



Retiree Enrichs Life With Musical Success


All my life I have loved music and finally in retirement my dream of playing has become a reality. With Dan's guidance I am accomplishing my goal of playing for my own enjoyment - no recitals! His teaching encompasses not only the necessary basics of successfully playing, but he is attentive to my ideas which can lead to innovative methods, the results of which add to my enjoyment. With his support, and encouragement I am able to choose from a wide variety of pieces ranging from blues and jazz to classical. One of the many reasons that make Dan a great teacher is that music is his vocation and his passion, therefore he is focused on the student and has no extraneous activities to detract from his teaching. Thanks, Dan for being so patient!!.

Barbara, Retiree

Keyboardist Succeeds in Church Praise Band

Three years ago I had the opportunity to buy a performance quality keyboard at a great price. The offer was too good to refuse, so I didn't. Having done so, I felt obligated to try to learn to use the instrument. After calling and visiting several music stores in search of a teacher, I came across Dan Starr's web site. Dan specializes in adult beginners and his personality intrigued me, so I made an appointment to see him. That was three years ago and the rest is history.

I was playing the bass guitar in our church's praise band at the time, but had always wanted to learn keyboards. Over the last three years I have gone from a wannabe to one who can play several performance pieces well and fill in some good sounds during our worship service. Dan has helped me learn chords and rhythm, and how to contribute a small part to the corporate whole. His teaching focus is based on what one's personal goals and musical needs are. While I still play bass occasionally, the keyboard is my primary instrument of praise now.

Dan has taught me skills and groomed me to use my new skills. He believes that music is not a science in and of itself, but is meant to be enjoyed both by the performer and those whom he or she chooses to share it with. I highly recommend Dan as a music teacher, especially for keyboard instruments.

Dave, Engineer

Busy Doctor Enjoys Lessons

I have taken lessons from Dan Starr and have enjoyed them thoroughly. In the past, I took piano lessons from a different teacher, and found myself quitting because the lessons were structured around her schedule and her ideas of what I should learn in the lessons. My lessons with Dan Starr, however, have been geared toward learning music and techniques that I am interested in. I am a physician with a busy schedule, and have managed to make time because I find myself motivated to practice. I would recommend Dan Starr as a teacher to other busy professionals wanting to play.

Katie, MD

Too Old? Nonsense!


Have you ever thought that you would like to be able to play a musical instrument just for pleasure? If you are now retired, as I am, do you think you are to old to learn? If you want to play an instrument, you can! No, you are not too old, you are just right! Dan Starr is a really good teacher and even better he likes to work with we older types. Give Dan a ring and learn how to be pleasantly surprised!
Frank, Retiree
Continued Lessons Bring Enjoyment to Family
I have been taking lessons from Dan. Playing is very fulfilling, not only for myself but for my family and friends as well. It has added much enjoyment to our lives. The emotion one has from sitting down and playing a beautiful piece is very rewarding. Thanks, Dan!
Dick, Pharmeceutical Rep


Lessons Keep Up Motivation
It has been a little over two years since I began taking keyboard lessons with Dan Starr. During that time, Dan has not only patiently helped me to learn my keyboard's potential but he has given me a lot of positve feedback concerning my efforts. My purpose in taking up the keyboard was to play for my own enjoyment and that is exactly what has happened. In addition to that, every lesson has proved to be enjoyable as well as fruitful. Whatever success I have had, I attribute to a fine teacher who keeps motivating me to do my best.
Lois, Retiree

No comments: