Sunday, October 13, 2013

My Current Policies and Rates

Here they are for your viewing "pleasure!"

Of course, this is changeable to fit various situations. 

Dan Starr Studio Policies, Revised April 2015

Lesson Schedule

You will have one half-hour lesson each week on the same day at the same time. Please make sure that this lesson is at a day and time you can keep almost every week. I teach Monday -Friday. Your chosen schedule is ________________________________________.

Miss Your Lesson This Week? (You Need a Make-up)

If you miss one week only you'll need a make-up lesson.

What is a "make-up lesson?" It's a lesson that almost always covers topics NOT addressed in regular lessons. Thus, you can have two per week with no risk. Ask for a make-up and you'll have a full month to take it. See below for procedure.

Your count of lessons simply continues and doesn't stop for the missed week.

Here's a detailed description of how to proceed.

Make up Lesson Procedure

Everyone sometimes misses a lesson. When you do, you have a choice to make. You can choose to either forfeit the missed lesson or take a "make-up lesson." Make-up lessons usually cover topics not covered in your regular lesson - things that will be worthwhile for you to know. To qualify for a makeup lesson you must inform me you want a make-up any time before the date and time of the regular lesson you miss. You do NOT have to provide 24 hour notice or even “a good excuse” to qualify. You'll have a full month from the date your makeup gets scheduled to take that make-up lesson. I'll help you find a good time.

I encourage all students to choose a make-up rather than just forfeiting their missed regular lesson. However, if you do NOT inform me you want a makeup, I'll assume you choose to forfeit - I simply cannot read your mind!

You will DEFINITELY forfeit your lesson AND make-up lesson if:

1. You fail to show up at your regular lesson at all with no notice whatsoever,
2. You miss your make-up once it is scheduled, or
3. You do not schedule and take the make-up lesson within one month.

If you are sick

Don't come to lesson sick. Instead contact me for a make-up lesson. I refuse to teach any student I think could be ill and possibly contagious. I have no “paid sick leave” and each day I'm unable to teach means significant lost income. Also, lessons missed due to MY illness are not charged to you nor do they require you to do a makeup. Such weeks are simply not counted.

If you miss 2 weeks or 3 weeks

Everyone takes a vacation of 2 or 3 weeks. No makeup lessons are needed and you're not charged for these missed lessons. I'll hold your appointment time until you return. My vacations work the same way.

If you miss more than 3 weeks

Leaving lessons for 1 - 3 MONTHS is a Leave of Absence. Any credit unused will be held although you may need a new appointment time when you return. A student gone for more than 3 months is considered by me to have quit lessons permanently and any remaining credit is forfeited.

Rates and Payment

My rate is $120 for 4 half hour lessons. (Unless you prefer to pay via credit card - that is slightly more money!) Remember, YOU have much more control of the total charge than I do because you can be as active as you wish in "hurrying things along." If paying by check make it out to “Dan Starr Organizaion" (my business.) You can pay at your free consultation or at your first lesson. After your first payment, a new payment is due in advance for the NEXT four lessons at the last lesson of the CURRENT four. I will help you keep track of when payments are due, although you can as well - when the "running total" indicates that four lessons have been given another payment is due (such as 4/4 or 32/32.)

There is NO refund of fees for ANY reason!

You must pay on the day the payment is due. “I’ll bring it in next week,” is NOT acceptable. Just as I show up as I promised to deliver your lesson, you agree to pay me as you promised. If you miss that lesson for any reason you still must get the payment to me during the week that payment is due. Drop it off or mail it to me at:

Dan Starr
4839 E. 4th St.
Tucson, AZ 85711

Ceasing Lessons

There will come a time when you feel you no longer need lessons. All I ask is that you info me a month in advance so I can make other arrangements. I have no way at all of enforcing this (nor would I wish to.) I am simply asking for some thoughtfulness.

Liability

You agree to hold me NOT liable for anything that may occur here on the property of my studio.

Acceptance

 “I have read, understand, and agree to the above policies.”

Name ___________________________________________________
Date ___________________________________________________
Working Email for you ________________________________________
Working Phone for you _________________________________________